In 1952, land was purchased at 1901 Calvert St for $14,352.55. This site was originally called Fairfax School Site but was later named Beattie Elementary. The building was constructed for $250,577.92 and housed 6 classrooms, 1 Kindergarten room, an auditorium, physical education and lunchroom combo, school office, nurse’s office, and a service room. The original building serviced 205 students.
Beattie underwent its first renovation in June 1955. The addition cost $121,228.10 and included 6 classrooms and toilets and raised student capacity to 390. A year later, 6 more classrooms, 1 Kindergarten room, and a multipurpose room were added. This helped raise the student capacity to 594. A new gymnasium, cafeteria and kitchen combination, mechanical equipment area, and elevator were added in 1989.
Beattie is now home to 371 students from kindergarten to 5th grade. 32 teachers and 60 staff serve the student population. The school was renovated again between 2006 and 2007, remodeling the library and updating the school. They are now proud to be the home of the Deaf and Hard-of-hearing program, as well as an outdoor learning area.